2019 SACSCOC Reaffirmation
Teams and Committees
A variety of teams and committees have been established for the institutional Southern Association of Colleges and Schools - Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) Reaffirmation process. These groups include faculty, staff, administrators and students. These teams were convened and began working in 2016.
The SACSCOC Leadership Committee will provide general oversight to the process and will approve/sign-off on any final submissions to SACSCOC. This team is headed by the President (Dr. David Thomas) and the Provost (Dr. Michael Hodge). The SACSCOC Reaffirmation Coordinator (Dr. Keith Hollingsworth (Business Administration)) organizes the daily operations of the team. The SACSCOC Leadership Team serves as the oversight group to the eight subcommittees:
- Mission, Governance, and Administration – This subcommittee documents that the institution meets established standards regarding governance (institutional mission, qualified administrative officers, Board of Trustees, and related foundations).
- Institutional Effectiveness – This subcommittee documents that the institution engages in ongoing, integrated, and institution-wide research-based planning and evaluation processes.
- Educational Programs – This subcommittee documents that the institution offers degree programs that are compatible with its mission and uses best practices in the administration of educational programs.
- Faculty – This subcommittee documents that the number of full-time faculty members is adequate to support the mission of the institution and to ensure the quality and integrity of academic programs. Additionally, the subcommittee will document compliance with the comprehensive standards for faculty qualifications, professional development and the principles of academic freedom.
- Library and Learning/Information Resources – The subcommittee will document the institution provides and supports student and faculty access and user privileges to adequate library collections and services and to other learning/information resources consistent with the degrees offered.
- Student Affairs and Services – The subcommittee documents that the institution provides student support programs, services, and activities consistent with its mission that promote student learning and enhance the development of students.
- Financial Resources – The subcommittee documents that the institution has a sound financial base and demonstrated financial stability to support the mission of the institution and the scope of its programs and services.
- Physical Resources – The subcommittee documents that the institution has adequate physical resources to support the mission of the institution and the scope of its programs and services.
The Quality Enhancement Plan Committee develops a plan focused on a topic central to the institutional mission and that impacts student learning. The QEP will be reviewed extensively by a variety of constituents. The QEP team must also demonstrate that the plan is part of the institution's ongoing planning and evaluation process.
The Hospitality Committee handles all logistics in preparation for the SACSCOC On-Site Review Team visits in the Fall of 2018. This committee ensures that the team receives the traditional Morehouse hospitality.
All of the subcommittees have members from across the campus.