Records and Registration

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I add/drop a course?

How do I audit a course?

How do I change the address on my file?

How do I cross-register for courses?

Am I in good standing?

What do I do if…?
A grade is missing from my transcript?
An incorrect grade was recorded?

Am I ready to graduate?
If I do not complete my minor can I graduate?

How can I apply for a leave of absence?

When can I change my major?

What is my pin number?
How do I change my pin number?
What do I do if my pin number is disabled?

How do I web/early register?

How can I be reinstated/readmitted follow a withdrawal or leave?

How are my repeated course hours counted in my GPA?

How do I apply for summer school?

How do I request a transcript?

Verification/Enrollment letters
How do I request a verification letter?

How do I withdraw from a class?

How do I withdraw from Morehouse?
Why should I complete a withdrawal form?



Dropping and Adding Courses During Registration
Students may drop/add courses (during the period specified in the academic calendar) by going online to Banner Web and making schedule changes. You will drop the course you do not want and add the course you to want. You must have CRNs prior to changing courses.


Auditing Courses
Students may audit courses after receiving permission from the Academic Dean and the Department Chair. Full-time and Part-time students may audit a course all students are required to pay the established fee per credit hour. Contact Student Financial Services at 470-639-0505.


Changing your Address
A student can update their address online through BannerWeb.

Please Note: If there are no changes, the Office of Records and Registration will continue to use the current address (es) on file.


Changing your Address on the Web
From the Student Menu:

  • Click on UPDATE ADDRESS(ES) AND PHONE(S) – please view, if OK exit
  • Click on CURRENT to make changes to the address type you chose
  • Select TYPE ADDRESS to insert

Note : (1) The pound sign [#] is NOT to be used in any data field, (2) punctuation is not used in any data field except prefix and suffix fields, (3) all data entered into a data field should be typed using title case using standard capitalization rule, (4) never use all upper or all lowercase letters.


Cross Registration
The Atlanta University Center (AUC) has operated a program of cross-registration for over half a century. This has provided expanded academic opportunities comparable to the offerings of a major university. Please click on Academic Policies to access the following guidelines govern the AUC Cross- Registration Program.


Good Standing
In order to maintain good standing students must:

  • Earn a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 “C”
  • Earn the minimum number of credit hours required for his academic classification;
  • Earn a minimum cumulative GPA with an average of 2.0 or “C” in major and cognate courses;
  • Abide by the student code of conduct;
  • Honor all financial obligations to the College.


If a grade is:

  • missing from your transcript
  • recorded incorrectly on your transcript or
  • recorded as an Incomplete “I”

You must contact your instructor first. The instructor will submit the grade to the Office of Records and Registration.

Please Note:

1) Unsatisfactory attendance, outstanding assignments, tests; exams and other discrepancies will affect your grade.

2) Please be sure to honor all arrangements made with your instructors to ensure that your correct grade will be submitted.

3) The Office of Records and Registration will not be held accountable for grades that have not been received by our office.

4) If you have already contacted your instructor and your grade has not been changed, please follow-up with your instructor until the grade is updated.


Graduation Requirements
To be awarded a degree from Morehouse College , students must:

  • Be in good standing at the College;
  • Complete a minimum of 120 credit hours;
  • Complete requirements of the General Education Program, including the First Year's of Freshman Orientation Program and Sophomore Assembly; etc.
  • Have a minimum grade point average of 2.0 in major courses;
  • Earn a grade of "C" or higher in English Composition;
  • Have a minimum grade point average of 2.0 in cognate classes;
  • Fulfill all College and departmental assessment requirements;
  • Complete the senior year at the College (Courses may be taken within the Atlanta University Center and the University of Georgia, or other programs and schools approved by the Academic Dean);
  • Fulfill all financial obligations to the College


Graduation and minor completion
If I do not complete my minor can I graduate?
Yes. If you are unable to complete all the requirements for your minor you can still graduate providing you have satisfactory completed all your general education and major requirements and have a minimum of 120 hours.


Leave of Absences
A continuing student in good standing without outstanding financial obligations to Morehouse may apply for a leave of absence. He may file a petition for a leave of absence by securing the appropriate form from the Records Office and by obtaining the required signatures.

A leave of absence is granted for a period not to exceed two consecutive semesters.

A student who is on a leave of absence will be eligible to resume his studies at the end of his leave. He must notify the Office of Records and Registration in writing by April 1 for fall registration and by October 1 for spring registration. If he fails to do so or does not apply for an extension of the leave he will be considered withdrawn from the College and must reapply through the regular admission procedure.

Note: A student who voluntarily elects to leave the College in good standing is eligible for reinstatement within a maximum of 10 years.


Major/Minor Changes or Declaration
A student wishing to change or declare his major or minor may do so only during the early registration period each semester by securing and completing a Major/Minor Declaration form online under Registrar Form.


If you have not changed your Personal Identification Number (PIN) it would still be the default number. To change your PIN, simply log on to Banner Web and follow the instructions there. There is a security feature that disables your PIN if you log on unsuccessfully more than three times. To enable your PIN you must contact the Morehouse Technology Group by emailing them at or by calling 404-507-8633.


Pre/Early Registration
Instructions for online preregistration are as follows:

  • Go to
  • Click on My Portal
  • In the box labeled User ID, type in your MCID number
  • In the box labeled Password, type in your Password
  • Go to Banner Web
  • Select Login to Secure Area
  • Go to Student Services and Financial Aid
  • Select Registration
  • Select Term/Semester
  • Go to Add/Drop Classes
  • Enter the five-digit CRN numbers for all of your courses
  • Select Submit Changes
  • If you are successfully registered, a message of Web Registered will appear to far right of each course
  • If the class you are selecting is closed, please make another selection
  • Once you have successfully registered in all of your courses, print 2 (two) copies of your schedule, one for your academic advisor, one for your own records.


Readmission to College – Following a Withdrawal/Leave of Absence
Students who are in good standing and who have withdrawn from the College are eligible to apply for readmission to Morehouse by picking up and completing the appropriate form from the Admissions Office.

Please Note: Readmission to the College is not guaranteed.

Students with an approved leave of absence will be entitled to re-enroll at the end of the period of leave. When ready to return to the College, he must notify the Records Office in writing by April 1 (for Fall semester), or October 1 (for spring semester). If he fails to do so or does not apply for an extension of the leave, he will be considered to withdrawn and must reapply through the regular admission procedure.

Repeating a Course
When students repeat a course, the credit hours earned the first time will be deducted from the total number of graduation hours earned (Earned Hours). The hours attempted and the quality points earned the first time the student completed the course will remain and be calculated as part of the cumulative GPA.


Summer School Guidelines
Morehouse does conduct a summer school session. Students wishing to earn credit toward graduation requirements through summer study may take summer school courses at an accredited institution if they satisfy the following requirements:

  • Submit an off-campus approval form to the Records Office before taking the specified classes.
  • Be in good standing
  • Attend an accredited college or university for summer school
  • Receive advance written approval for all summer courses from the chair of his major department and the chairs of corresponding departments for courses outside the major
  • Earn no more than sixteen (9) semester hours toward graduation requirements through summer study during his enrollment at Morehouse.

Please Note:

  • Summer study approval and/or attendance will not preclude academic probation or academic dismissal
  • Summer study will not affect a student's grade point average or academic standing for the academic year in which summer courses are completed
  • All grades received for summer school coursework will be credited toward your Morehouse degree without exception


Transcripts (Requesting)
All transcript requests are submitted through National Student Clearinghouse for current and former students. Transcript processing can take approximately 2-3 business days or 3-5 business days during peak periods.


Verification Letters
Students may obtain verification letters for insurance, scholarships, loans, education, good standing, or graduation through the National Student Clearinghouse


Withdrawal from a Class
To withdraw from class, students must:

  • Withdraw via My Portal or download and complete a Course Withdrawal form from Registrar Forms.
  • Consult his academic advisor
  • Submit your request before the appropriate deadlines

Students may withdraw from a course with a grade of "W" by the published November (fall semester) and March (spring semester) deadlines. After the these deadlines, a student who withdraws from a course will receive a grade of "F" (See Academic Calendar for Deadlines) Students who cross register at another institution must abide by the course withdrawal policy of that institution.


Withdrawal from College
Students wishing to withdraw from the College must secure and complete a withdrawal from College form, get the necessary signatures, and return the form to the Records and Registration Office. Students are entitled to withdraw from Morehouse providing they are in good standing and have arranged with the business office to discharge outstanding financial obligations in a manner satisfactory to the College.