- COVID-19 Dashboard
- Testing Requirements
- Vaccination Requirement FAQs
- Expectations of Students, Faculty, and Staff
- Expectations of Vendors and Visitors
- Student Checklist for Arriving on Campus for Fall 2021
- Prior Community Announcements
- Links and Resources
- CARES Act
- Morehouse Policy on CRRSAA
- Morehouse Policy on CARES Act
Novel Coronavirus Information Resource Center
Morehouse College is closely monitoring the novel coronavirus COVID-19 and has established protocols, procedures, and requirements to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
Morehouse is open for a full residential and commuter learning and living experience in Fall 2021. Health and safety protocols will continue to be evaluated based on conditions on campus, in the Atlanta area, and in the nation, and are subject to change. Current protocols include the following:
- CDC-approved COVID-19 vaccines are required for students, faculty, and staff. Religious and medical exemptions will be considered.
- During the month of August, please be advised that everyone on the Morehouse College campus must wear face masks at all times, both inside and outside, except in a private space like a private office or residence hall room. This new protocol has been issued in response to the recent spike in Georgia COVID-19 cases related to the Delta variant.
- Physical distancing of six feet is required whenever possible.
- AUCC member institutions require anyone who is not fully vaccinated (even if an exemption has been granted) to submit a negative COVID-19 PCR test result five days before their arrival for move-in (residential students), the first day of classes (commuter students), or the first day of work (employees).
- Students and employees are required to conduct daily personal health screening, including temperature checks.
Our first priority is a healthy and safe academic, co-curricular, and professional environment. The COVID-19 virus is resurging with the delta variant predominate and the vast majority of the serious illnesses and deaths from COVID-19 are among the unvaccinated. Our policies are based on widely-accepted science, conditions in our local area, and institutional priorities and are implemented in consultation with other institutions in the Atlanta University Center Consortium.
Please continue to stay abreast of up-to-date information regarding our COVID-19 policies:
A Message from President Thomas
Mandatory COVID Testing Requirements and FAQs
Learn about the mandatory testing requirements for every employee and student.
Vaccine Requirement Information
Learn about your responsibilities related to Morehouse’s vaccine requirement and exception and accommodation considerations.
Expectations of Students, Faculty, and Staff
Understand our protocols related to mask-wearing, physical distancing, testing, isolation and quarantine, and accessing campus.
Expectations of Vendors and Visitors
Understand the protocols for people visiting our campus.
Student Checklist for Arriving on Campus for Fall 2021
Be prepared for your first day on campus.
An up-to-date look at the total number of tests and cases at Morehouse can be found on the COVID-19 dashboard.
Get additional information from the Atlanta University Center Consortium, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Georgia Department of Public Health, and other sources.
As is the case with all AUCC member institutions, Morehouse College’s protocols are informed by guidance from the Georgia Department of Public Health, Fulton County Board of Health, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. While these protocols are detailed, the effectiveness of these plans are dependent upon adherence by all members of the AUCC community who accept responsibility for their own safety as well as the safety of others. Because the public health environment may change, these guidelines may be amended should conditions and public health responses dictate.