- For persons who use wheelchairs, there is in a designated area at the stern of the Chapel. Chapel seats have been removed to provide space for this purpose.
- A Buddy chair will be available for an accompanying family member who must sit with the person in the wheelchair.
- Two rows immediately in front of the accessible section are reserved for additional family members who wish to sit close.
- Persons requiring special assistance may be dropped off at the curb of King Chapel, to allow more convenient access to the auditorium.
- Parking on the first level of the parking deck will be held until the line of march starts for drivers of persons with disabilities.
- Drivers may also park on Lee Lane.
- Golf Carts will be constantly moving about Campus to assist with any needed transportation to and from events.
- Persons who will benefit from our interpreting service will have reserved seats in the first two rows, far left section of the Chapel facing the stage.
- Persons who use wheel chairs must bring their own or make arrangements a week in advance of Commencement to access them.
- Wheel chairs may also be rented through: Friends of Disabled Adults and Children, 770/491-9014; http://fodac.org.
- Reserved section for persons in wheelchairs and one companion, on a first come, first served basis.
- Graduates may trade one green ticket for 2 blues to guarantee a seating in section. Students get a minimum of 4 tickets up to 8.
Parking for persons with disabilities will be available in the Perdue Hall parking lot. Perdue Hall is located on Atlanta Student Movement Blvd. (Fair Street) and the parking lot is located behind the building.
Vehicles with a state-issued disability placard will need to enter the campus from Joseph E. Lowery Blvd. To access the parking lot, you will turn left onto Euharlee Street. The parking area will be clearly marked and located on your right. Spaces are available on a first-come, first-served basis. A permanent or temporary state-issued Disability placard is required to park in the designated parking spaces.
Persons with disabilities drop off will be allowed at gate located on Atlanta Student Movement Blvd. A police officer will be stationed near the cross walk to facilitate the drop off. All vehicles must then be parked in the Perdue Hall parking lot.
Please plan to arrive early as reserved parking is not guaranteed.
Transportation carts will be available throughout the campus to provide assistance in moving about.
- Are available on stage for persons who may need them.