Bonner Office of Community Service (BOCS)
The Morehouse College Bonner Office of Community Service's primary purpose is to perpetuate a culture of service on campus.
Goals & Objectives
- To perpetuate a culture of service on our campus
- To support the College’s efforts in “developing men with disciplined minds who will lead lives of leadership, service, and self-realization,”
- Foster civic responsibility within our campus community through participation in activities and projects that have a positive social impact;
- The goals and objectives of Community Service are directly connected to the mission, vision, and strategic plan of the College,
- To focus on developing within our students the skills and leadership for civic engagement,
- To increase the effectiveness of Community Service enhanced by the interconnecting relationship with the other three components of our campus-wide efforts towards centralization: Community Development, Community-Based Research, and Service-Learning,
- To serve as the centralized single point of contact for external community service projects and activities,
- To create linkages with Community Partners that will ensure service opportunities that are achievable, measurable, meaningful, educational and efficiently managed,
- To develop evaluation methods that track and assess service activities,
- To celebrate and acknowledge deeds of service to the community.