The mission of the Morehouse College Police Department is to provide for the safety of all Morehouse students, faculty, staff, visitors and constituents; protect the assets of the College and all other properties within its jurisdiction; and to improve the quality of life by viable interaction with our community.
Its mission is to be accomplished by meeting the following objectives:
- Preventing crime through effective patrol deployment, constant visibility, and residential life involvement.
- Maintaining a high standard of professional conduct.
- Providing quality training for officers and supervisors.
- Regulating campus access.
- Utilizing effective technology for campus security.
- Managing and controlling special events.
The Morehouse College Campus Police Department also enforces non-criminal regulations and house rules established by the College, i.e., non-criminal use of alcohol/drugs, noise violations, curfew violations, proper facilities use, etc.