2016 Pre-Freshman Summer Enrichment Program
Dates: June 5, 2016 – July 15, 2016
Overview: The Pre-freshman Summer Enrichment Program (PSEP) is a dynamic six-week academic enhancement and college readiness program that offers pre-freshmen a challenging and rewarding experience on the historic campus of Morehouse College. This summer program is designed to strengthen participants’ academic skills, study habits and time management skills to prepare them for the challenging academic environment they will encounter during their matriculation at Morehouse.
Housing: Students will be housed in a resident hall located on the Morehouse College campus.
Student Type: The student’s academic profile indicates that learning support is needed in the basic skills necessary to succeed in college level work. For this reason, we strongly recommend that the student attend the Pre-freshman Summer Enrichment Program and commit to engage in academic and student support initiatives throughout his matriculation at Morehouse College.
Curriculum: Each student will be placed in two of the following course offerings: Basic Math, College Algebra, Pre-Calculus, Calculus, English Composition, College Reading and Philosophical Ethics. Based on his academic performance in the courses, the student is eligible for 6 (six) college credits if he earns a final grade of C or higher. These credits will be applied towards the hours needed to obtain a degree from Morehouse College.
If you have any questions or concerns relating to program curriculum, contact Director Jamila Lyn at email@example.com.
College Readiness/Extra-Curricular/Social and Cultural Activities:
- The College Experience: High School versus College Expectations
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving Seminars at the college level
- Time Management and Effective Study Skills Workshops
- The College’s Mission History
- Weekend Social Activities with Morehouse/Spelman Summer Academy Programs
Registration form: Please visit the link below to access the PSEP registration form:
**Registration and full payment deadline is Monday, May 30, 2016.
Health form: Please complete and scan all health forms to firstname.lastname@example.org for expedited processing by Friday, May 20, 2016. Particpants will NOT be able to move-in to the residential house without completion of proper medical forms.
Cost: $3,500 (total due by May 30, 2016)
If you have any questions or concerns relating to payment for this program, contact Dean Alvin Darden at the email address below.
PSEP Tuition and Fees: Tuition includes room and board (lodging in Purdue Hall with a full meal plan/three daily meals), books, activity fees and field trip transportation costs. No application fee is required.
The tuition does not include travel costs from home or from the airport to the campus.
Morehouse College does not offer any scholarships or financial aid for summer program enrollment.
Tuition Payment Options:
- Mail check/money order to:
830 Westview Drive, SW
Atlanta, GA 30314
ATTN: PSEP (insert participant’s name and M#)
- Login to TigerNet using participant’s M#, then click on My Finance tab – select Make a Payment to complete the transaction. For help with this process, you may contact Alberry Melson: 404.653.7768 office or email@example.com. Please be advised that you must provide written consent via email to Alberry Melson to initiate transfer of funds from the Student Account to PSEP Account.
You may use the following verbiage in your email for convenience:
“I, (state your name), grant permission to Alberry Melson, Student Accounts Associate at Morehouse College, to transfer funds from (insert participant’s name and M#) Student Account to PSEP Account.”
Payment Installment Option:
- You may elect to pay the $3500 tuition in multiple installments; however, $1750 is due by Sunday, May 29, 2016. The balance must be PAID IN FULL by Friday, June 24, 2016.
*If full payment is not made by Friday, June 24, 2016, participants will be asked to vacate the campus by 12 p.m.on Sunday, June 26, 2016.
**Academic credit will NOT be awarded if there is an outstanding balance.