Greater Orlando Upward Bound Math and Science Program
The Greater Orlando Upward Bound Math and Science Program strengthens participating students' math and science skills. The program's goal is to help students recognize and develop their potential to excel in math and science and encourage them to pursue postsecondary degrees in math and science and ultimately careers in the math and science profession.
The program provides summer programs with intensive math and science training, year-round counseling and advisement, exposure to university faculty members, and participant-conducted scientific research under the guidance of faculty members or graduate students. The U.S. Department of Education fully funds the program.
Highly motivated, disciplined, and hard-working students, who:
- Are U.S. citizens or permanent legal residents of the United States
- Are rising 10th, 11th, or 12th-grade students attending Maynard Evans High School or Jones High School
- Are potential first-generation college students with demonstrated financial need
- Are in good academic standing
- Intend to pursue a four-year college degree
Fill out the forms below and submit them electronically.
- Health Form
- Liability Waiver RIF
- Photo/Video Release
- Chapel Form
- Travel Consent Form
- ACH Direct Deposit Form
- Vendor Registration Form
- College Preparation
- Academic Advising and Tutoring
- Summer Stipend
- Career Counseling and College Visits
- Financial Literacy
- Cultural and Enrichment Activities
All new students must complete an application.
Returning students must complete the Greater Orlando Upward Bound Math and Science Program contract.
Dr. Valerie Bennett