Department of English


Students who declare English as their major or minor are assigned a faculty advisor within the Department of English.  To become an English major or minor, you should follow the process outlined below.

  1. Obtain a Majors Information Sheet and a Declaration of Major/Minor Form from the Department of English.
  2. Fill out the forms and take them to Professor Broderick McGrady (Brawley Hall 215), who will assign you an advisor.
  3. Take the Declaration of Major/Minor Form to the Chair of the Department of English, who will sign the form and keep a copy for departmental records.
  4. Take the signed Declaration Form to the Registrar.