Degree Map: Building the Four Year Plan

Year 1: 0-29 hrs            Year 2: 30-59 hrs            Year 3: 60-89 hrs            Year 4: 90+ hrs

     Freshman                               Sophomore                              Junior                                    Senior

Students need 120 hours to graduate from Morehouse College. It is recommended that every student builds a four year plan that maps out all standard curriculum, major and minor requirements. Starting in Fall 2015, these plans will be available through Degree Map, a student advising application that allows advisors, faculty, and students to see how well a student is progressing towards graduation goals.

Degree Map provides timely information to students and limits the overwhelming choices of courses prior to registration. In addition to providing a structured pathway, Degree Map allows academic advisors to provide student-specific notes regarding courses, sequences, and recommendations for each semester. The student and the advisor can see what was advised previously and make appropriate changes quickly based on changing circumstances and the availability of courses.

Overview FAQ

   What is Degree Map?

Degree Map is an important planning tool for helping the college increase student success and completion rates. It is available 24/7 for your convenience.

    Where can I find Degree Map?

Degree Map is found in MyPortal. Simply log in to and click on the Degree Map icon.

    Why should I use Degree Map?

Use the Degree Map online tool to see the courses, time, and money required to complete a Morehouse College degree. With Degree Map you can:

  • compare Morehouse degree plans side by side to choose the option that works best for you
  • track the degree requirements completed, and see which courses are still needed.
  • see whether credits earned elsewhere, including those from a two-year community college, have been applied to your academic record.
  • find out how credits you've earned can apply to different degrees.
  • understand the time and cost involved with switching majors.

    Do I have to use Degree Map during Advising Week?

No, Degree Map is available for faculty and students as a resource. Usage is not required but strongly encouraged.

    Who can I talk to about my academic plan?

Divisional Advisors can assist students with using Degree Map to plan their academic program and schedule courses. However, faculty advisors and Career Services staff are available to mentor students about their chosen degree program and career choices.

    Who should I talk to if the information in Degree Map is inaccurate?

Freshmen and incoming transfer students should see their Divisional Advisor. Sophomores, juniors, and seniors should see their Faculty Advisor. Be sure to bring your transcript to identify discrepancies.

    Can students register for classes through Degree Map?

No. In the program, there is a notice which explains that course registration is not yet available through Degree Map. Students must use TigerNet to register for their classes until further notice.