Department of Biology
|Chair: Dr. David B. Cooke III
Office: Nabrit-Mapp-McBay, Room 134
Telephone: (404) 653-7871
|Karen A. Morris
- Provide students with a fundamental knowledge of Biology.
- Prepare students for and assist them in entering graduate and professional school, and the workforce.
- Strengthen students' reading, writing and quantitative skills.
- Develop students' analytical reasoning and creative thinking skills.
- Expose students to contemporary research techniques in Biology and enhance their understanding of the Scientific Method.
- Conduct meritorious research in the field of Biology.
- Acquaint students with the history of Biology, including the contributions of Black scientists.
- Engender an appreciation among students of the social and economic implications of discoveries in Biology.
- Build students' awareness of ethical and moral issues related to basic tenets in Biology.