The Division of Student Services supports the College’s mission through its guiding principles, by creating innovative platforms of engagement, implementing developmentally holistic programming and providing exemplary services that enhance the Morehouse experience and promotes a full embrace.
To become the epicenter of a premier and transformative living-learning experience
STUDENT DEVELOPMENT AND BROTHERHOOD (ENHANCING THE LIVING-LEARNING ENVIRONMENT)
- Offering Community Outreach Opportunities
- Providing Multicultural Education/Social Justice Programs
- Enhancing Class and Cohort Experiences (i.e. Freshmen; Transfer; International; Senior)
INTELLECTUAL/EDUCATIONAL CONNECTIONS (STRENGTHENING THE ACADEMIC PROGRAM)
- Collaborating with Learning Communities Opportunities
- Involving Faculty in Co-curricular Programming
- Providing Educationally Purposeful Activities for Students (Collaboration with other College Departments)
CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT, LEADERSHIP AND STUDENT INVOLVEMENT (STRENGTHENING ADVISING AND MENTORING)
- Providing student leadership opportunities and training
- Mentoring individual students towards academic, personal, and professional success
- Providing advisement to Registered Student Organizations
COMMITMENT TO INCLUSION
We work to promote the open exchange of ideas, cross-cultural collaboration, and the unconditional love and respect for all brothers of the diverse identities and perspectives represented within the Morehouse community. Our division works to ensure a successful holistic learning experience for our students from historically underrepresented identities and backgrounds, including but not limited to, international students, first-generation students, students with disabilities, and LGBTQI+ students.
STUDENT LEARNING CORE COMPETENCIES
Students engaged with the Office of the Dean of the College through paid employment or student leadership opportunities learn and develop skills in the key areas included below. The transferable skills gained through these interactions improve student success academically and professionally.
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Intrapersonal and Interpersonal Development
- Personal, Professional, and Career Competence
- Civic Engagement and Social Justice