The Quality Enhancement Plan described herein will be administered by a newly created Office of Strategic Internationalization (OSI). The Quality Enhancement Plan will be renamed the Strategic Internationalization Project (SIP)
The Office of Strategic Internationalization will be directed by the Assistant Vice President for Academic Affairs, Dr. Ron Sheehy, who reports to the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs. An Advisory Committee will be established composed of a faculty representative from each Division, Chairs of the Task Forces, Directors of the Leadership Center and Andrew Young Center (AYC), and the Dean of the Chapel.
The OSI will promote collaboration among academic divisions, departments and faculty, through the coordination of internationalization initiatives that are a part of the SIP, as well as international programs that are in the college at large. In this regard, the OSI will function through the following component units:
- Internationalization Curriculum Committee
- Internationalization Research Mini-Grant Awards Committee
- I-House Advisory Committee
- International Recruitment Committee
- Study Abroad Advisory Committee
- International Ethical Leadership Certificate Advisory Committee
- Crown Forum Advisory Committee
3. The functions of the OSI will include:
1. Provide leadership and coordination for college-wide international initiatives.
2. Coordinate, in collaboration with the AYC, the development of local, national, and international partners.
3. Develop and implement a fundraising plan, in collaboration with the Office of Institutional Advancement, for international initiatives.
4. Communicate and promote, in collaboration with the AYC, international activities both within the college and to external constituents.
5. Serve as the College’s liaison, in collaboration with the AYC, for international outreach activities to public and private, business and non-governmental agencies.
6. Serve as a steward of college funds designated for SIP activities.