Congratulations! As you prepare for graduation, there are several items that you must address in order to ensure clearance for receiving your diploma.
Please note the following information, and check your academic record to ensure that it is accurate and complete. This is your responsibility; the Records Office will not be held accountable for your oversight.
Requirements for Graduation
To be awarded a degree from Morehouse College, a student must:
- Be in good standing at the College;
- Complete a minimum of 120 credit hours;
- Complete requirements of the General Education Program, including the First Year of FreshmanOrientation Program and Sophomore Assembly; etc.
- Have a minimum grade point average of 2.0 in major courses;
- Have a minimum grade point average of 2.0 in cognate classes;
- Fulfill all College and departmental assessment requirements;
- Complete the senior year at the College (Courses may be taken within the Atlanta University Center and the University of Georgia, or other programs and schools approved by the Academic Dean);
- Fulfill all financial obligations to the College.
Steps to Graduation
Step 1 - Apply for Graduation
Step 2 - Make an appointment with your Academic Advisor
Step 3 - Make an appointment with your Department Chair of your Major
Step 4 - Submit clearances to the Records and Registration Office from:
- Financial Aid/ Perkins Loan
- Other department listed on the clearance form
Step 5 - Receive Clearance for Graduation via TigerNet and attend rehearsal