Download Application HERE: NOYCE Scholarship
This program leverages and extends the currently funded Dreams to Teach program by:
- Supporting additional STEM students who will be recruited to participate in components of the DR-K12 funded programming,
- Expanding the leadership components of the program
- Expanding the DRK-12 program to the junior and senior years of college.
- Providing scholarships for juniors and seniors DRK-12 students.
The NOYCE STEM Teacher Initiative is a two year program which provides scholarships and academic training for students pursuing a major in STEM. Scholars engage in research opportunities, attend regional conferences and participate in leadership training. The NOYCE STEM Teacher Initiative currently provides scholarships in the amount of $15,000 for each scholar.
During their junior and senior year of college, these young men enroll in both a STEM major and in the teacher preparation program. Scholars are required to pass the Georgia Assessments for the Certification of Education (GACE) to obtain teacher certification upon graduating. These scholars will continue on to become fully certified classroom teachers and Science and Mathematics curriculum specialists at the state and national levels.
Hands on Activities
Students have the opportunity to reinforce and expand upon topics in a state of the art instructional laboratory with a wide collection of modern equipment and devices used by teachers to deliver high quality instruction that supports the students’ learning. Students also participate in extracurricular programming whereby they meet with faculty and master teachers twice a week for two hours each meeting. A component of this extracurricular programming includes collaborative learning-based research exercises on experimental design, research ethics, and working with research models that can be adapted to the K-12 environment. Students visit various active research and engineering laboratories both on the campus of Morehouse College and surrounding Atlanta area.
- Juniors/Seniors who are interested in K-12 STEM Teaching careers
- U.S. Citizens or permanent residents
- Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics or Computer Science Major
- Must have at least a 2.8 GPA
- Letters of recommendation from (2) mentors
- Completed Application (NOYCE Scholarship)