Public Health Sciences Institute - Project Imhotep
2017 PROJECT IMHOTEP COHORT - THANK YOU FOR A GREAT SUMMER!
Project Imhotep is an eleven-week summer internship supported by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Office of Minority Health and Health Equity (OMHHE). The OMHHE supports the CDC Undergraduate Public Health Scholars (CUPS) program to create a public health workplace experience to increase student interest in minority health.
Project Imhotep is an eleven-week internship designed to increase the knowledge and skills of underrepresented minority students in biostatistics, epidemiology, and occupational safety and health.
The program begins with two weeks of intense educational training in public health courses such as Public Health & Health Disparities, Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Scientifc Writing. The purpose of this training is to equip interns with the academic information necessary to complete the program. During the following nine weeks, interns are paired in a one-on-one mentored relationship with experts at CDC, academic institutions, local and state agencies, or community based organizations to complete a public health research project. In addition, interns participate in a variety of seminars, workshops, educational initiatives and are required to complete 16 hours of community service.
Interns will culminate their experience by giving an oral poster presentation to their peers, mentors and public health professionals and develop a research manuscript suitable for publication in a scientifc journal. Interns will receive a stipend, lodging on the campus of Morehouse College, course credit and travel expenses to and from their city of origin.
- Current junior, senior, or recent graduate (within one year) of an undergraduate institution
- Cumulative GPA of 2.7 or higher
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
Applications open October 1st and are due January 31st by 11:59PM. The following items must be submitted by the application deadline:
- Completed online application
- Official transcript mailed directly to Public Health Sciences Institute, Morehouse College (postmarked by January 31)
Public Health Science Institute
ATTN: Project Imhotep
830 Westview Drive S.W., Box 140088
Atlanta, Georgia 30314
- Resume or Curriculum Vita
- Two completed online recommendation forms (upon submission of your application your recommenders will be notified via email)
Send all questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
OUR CUPS PARTNERS
- Columbia University - Summer Public Health Scholars Program (SPHSP)
- Kennedy Krieger Institute (KKI) - Maternal Child Health Careers/Research Initiatives for Student Enhancement-Undergraduate Program (MCHC/RISE-UP)
- KKI - Dr. James A. Ferguson Emerging Infectious Diseases Fellowship Program (Ferguson Fellows)
- KKI - Public Health Leadership & Learning Undergraduate Student Success (PLLUSS) Program
- University of Michigan - Future Public Health Leaders Program (FPHLP)