Faculty and Staff Parking on January 2, 2018Date Released: January 1, 2018
On Tuesday, Morehouse College will partner with the City of Atlanta to host the inauguration of Mayor-elect Keisha Lance Bottoms and the swearing-in ceremonies of the Atlanta City Council and the Atlanta Municipal Court Judges. This special event will begin at 1 p.m. at Martin Luther King Jr. International Chapel. It is open to the public. More than 4,000 people are expected to attend the inauguration ceremonies, which will increase traffic at the College.
Alternative parking plans have been established for Morehouse Staff to decrease congestion and make your first day back in the office for the New Year a more pleasant experience.
- All Morehouse Staff must park in the Ray Charles Performing Arts Center and Perdue Parking lots on Jan. 2. Golf carts will be on standby to take you to campus.
- All staff should have their Morehouse ID cards and parking passes with them to access the lot.
- Morehouse College will have a larger than usual police presence due to the inauguration. A security sweep of King Chapel and surrounding areas will be held from 8 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
- Media will be present on campus in the morning and afternoon.
- Gloster Hall will have officers posted outside of the main door entrance for inauguration guests who may use restrooms in the building.
- Overflow seating for the inauguration will be held in Bank of America Auditorium.
- The Joseph E. Lowery gate inbound will be closed during the inauguration. It will only be used as an exit.
- If you have any questions, contact Tiffany Edinburgh at email@example.com or 470.639.0249.
Thank you for your service at Morehouse College in 2017. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience that may occur due to our participation as the host site for the inauguration. We are proud to partner with the City of Atlanta for this special event.
Last Modified: January 1, 2018, 17:01 PM, by: Kara Walker