Instructional Technology is the process of using technology (e.g., multimedia,
computers, and audiovisual aids) as a tool to improve learning.
Instructional Design is the practice of maximizing the effectiveness, efficiency and appeal of instruction and other learning experiences. The process consists broadly of
• determining the current state and needs of the learner,
• defining the end goal of instruction, and
• creating some "intervention" to assist in the transition.
As the Instructional Designer for Morehouse College it is my role to
• assist the faculty with integrating interactive technology into their curriculum, using tools such as
- SMART board
- Sympodium Interactive Displays
- work with the staff in maximizing effectiveness with
the use of such tools as Microsoft Office.
For more information and to arrange a consultant to receive training
on any of these tools, contact Lisa Oliver at email@example.com.