What is Verification? Submit my documents
The verification process requires students to provide supplemental documentation to verify the accuracy of the information provided on the FAFSA. If you have been chosen for verification, the process is NOT optional.
- Morehouse College has implemented a new verification process. Emails were sent to all students asking if they were chosen for verification to access the following link: https://morehouse.verifymyfafsa.com/account/login.
* An account will need to be set-up and requested information should be uploaded to the website as instructed.
Please Note: If you do not complete the verification process, you will not receive a financial aid package or be awarded any federal financial assistance..
Required Verification Items:
- Household size (number of people living in your household)
- Number in college (number of household members attending a post-secondary educational institution at least half-time). Note: This does not include parents.
- Adjusted gross income (AGI)
- Income earned from work
- Income taxes paid
- Sources and amount of untaxed income
Students applying for financial aid for the academic year should pay close attention to the following information concerning the financial aid process at Morehouse College:
- Complete the FAFSA. (Morehouse College's Federal School Code for FAFSA is 001582)
- The result of your FAFSA analysis is called your Student Aid Report which outlines eligibility for federal assistance (Pell Grant, SEOG, and Direct Loans) and the Central Process will send you an email explaining how to login to review your results.
- Read the information on your Student Aid Report to determine if additional questions or information have been requested by the federal processor. If you have been chosen for a process called “VERIFICATION”, you will be notified on the Student Aid Report.
- Morehouse College will review documents uploaded during the verification process, make corrections to the FAFSA, and clear you for Financial Aid packaging.
- Review the expected amount of family contribution (EFC) as determined by the federal processor. This is the amount that each family is expected to contribute to their student's education for the academic school year.
- All admitted students have access to the Morehouse College student portal when they were accepted to the college (MyPortal)is is the place to review and access up-to-date information concerning your financial aid award status.
If your FAFSA is selected for verification and did not use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (IRS DRT) when you completed the FAFSA, please click here to request the IRS Tax Return Transcript from the IRS.
If you have questions are concerns please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or call us at 404-653-7750.