Career Services in Business Administration and Economics
Student Success by the Numbers
The significant point with respect to our placement numbers and percentages has more to do with how well our numbers rebounded as we came out of the recession (2008-2010). I would submit that the strength and speed our our (BAE) placement growth was a function of us continuing to cultivate and sustain relationships with firms even during the recession which allowed us to quickly recover. A lesson we learned from this experience was to not be so "over invested" in one particular industry (in this case Finance) but to cultivate relationships across several industries. Consequently we've built new and lasting engagements with firms in high tech (Google, IBM, EMC, Oracle, Boeing) Marketing/Sales (P&G, Coca Cola, State Farm, 3M, Publicis, Consulting (AT Kearney, Accenture, Deloitte) while maintaining a solid presence in Financial Services (Goldman Sachs, Bank of America, BMO, Citi, JP Morgan, Moody's and T Rowe Price to name a few).-- Douglas Cooper, Director of Career Services-Business and Economics
Have you thought about your future? Are "Congratulations" in order? Did you complete an internship? Do you have multiple job offers? Still searching? Taking some time off? Heading to graudate school after graduation? We want to know how well you are doing. Please use one of the forms below to keep us informed.
Click below to
Report Career and Salary Goals
Report Your Internship
Report Your Job Search and Salary Information
Additionally, as an alumnus, you can assist the Office of Career Services by:
- Encouraging your employer to recruit at Morehouse College
- Forwarding employment notices and information particularly for opportunities in the hidden job market
- Sponsoring an internship at your place of business
- Offering to allow a student to job shadow
- Conducting mock interviews with students
- Volunteering as a panelist or speaker
- Being a mentor and assisting students in developing a career plan or making a career decision.
Contact Mrs. Patricia Bowers at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how you can get involved.