Please apply via one of these methods:
Via e-Mail: please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
||When applying via email the subject line of your e-mail must only include the position title and reference number of the position you are applying for. Please use the example to the left as guide.
Via Mail: The Office of Human Resources,
Gloster Hall, 830 Westview Drive, SW,
Atlanta, Georgia 30314
Via Fax: (404) 614-6047
Please ensure that the position title and corresponding reference number are included on your cover letter, resume and/or employment application.
Morehouse College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees based on age, race, color, religion, or national origin.
Faculty Openings »
Title: Associate Vice President for Business and Finance/Controller
Department: Office of Business and Finance
Full/Part Time: Full-time
Closing Date: Until Filled
Morehouse College has an opening for the position of Associate Vice President for Business and Finance/Controller. We are seeking an experienced individual with demonstrated organizational, technical, communication and presentation skills (verbal and written), with an understanding of and ability to work through complex fund accounting and financial problems. Reporting to the Vice President for Business and Finance, the candidate must be a team player and able to work cooperatively and effectively with diverse campus groups. The responsibilities, experience and educational requirements are summarized below.
Responsibilities: The Controller is responsible for the accounting, internal control, and financial reporting functions at Morehouse College. The Controller is responsible for maintaining the Banner Financial accounting system, general ledger accounting, the year end audit (serves as audit liaison to the independent auditor), the preparation of timely and accurate financial statements, including tax compliance. This position ensures compliance with state and federal regulations, such as tax regulations, generally accepted accounting principles, and reporting requirements. The position is also responsible for the developing and maintaining of the accounting operating procedures and for the retention and safety of the accounting records and files. Units’ currently reporting to the Controller includes the grants and contracts accounting office, the accounting department, and accounts payable.
Experience: The successful candidate must be detail oriented and have demonstrated experience with a complex database computerized accounting system. Preference will be given to the candidate with complex database computerized accounting system experience (Ellucian’s Banner financial systems). FASB 117 and 116 accounting experiences strongly desired. Fund accounting endowment and experience in a nonprofit environment is strongly desired. The candidate must have hands on experience and working knowledge of Microsoft suite applications (Word, Excel, Presentation and Access) with particular strengths in the use of access and other database application in designing reports.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in accounting/finance required with a strong preference for an individual with a CPA and 7+ years of successful experience that includes direct responsibility for supervision of the accounting staff (general accounting, grant accounting, accounts payable and related accounting functions). MBA\MA\CPA strongly desired.
Salary: Competitive salary, good benefits and working environment.
Title: Lead Maintenance Worker
Reference No. 100714
Department: Physical Plant
Closing Date: Until filled
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Status: Full-time
Job Purpose: Under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, assists in the planning and directing of maintenance, repairs, and improvement of the College’s buildings, offices, furniture, and associated equipment which involves performing a variety of skilled manual tasks and duties in support of various services provided by Physical Plant Maintenance Department. Assemble and breakdown special setup equipment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Participates in the daily direction and scheduling of maintenance staff in the repairs in the department including, carpentry, painting, sheet rock installation, furniture and equipment repairs.
- Perform as well as assist with supervising repairs in class rooms, dorms, and restrooms such as partitions, counters, doors, locks, window frames, etc.
- Assist with reviewing all open work orders to make sure they are completed in a timely manner.
- Assist with ensuring maintenance staff members are aware and in compliance with established safety practices.
- Assist with training of maintenance staff in work methods and procedures.
- Work closely with HVAC technicians, Plumbers, and outside service vendors.
- Respond to emergency maintenance requests as required.
- Perform preventative maintenance on buildings and equipment.
- Must be willing to support Morehouse College’s Vision, Mission and Values statement.
- Any other miscellaneous projects/duties assigned by Morehouse College’s Physical Plant management team.
Special skills and abilities:
- Demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills.
- Must be organized, self-motivated and able to multitask.
- Ability to work independently, able to follow instructions.
- Ability to meet deadlines and balance multiple projects.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work within the overall organization of the Physical Plant and work with administrators, skilled, and unskilled personnel.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of discretion
- Must have basic PC skills knowledge of how to use MS outlook email, internet explorer, etc.
- Requires long periods of standing, walking, use of hands and fingers, reaching, climbing, stooping, bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling.
- Will occasionally be required to sit.
- Will frequently lift and or move 50 lbs. or more.
- Vision abilities required include close vision, distant vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to talk or hear both in person and by telephone.
- Completion of minimum 2 year degrees or equivalent in building maintenance and carpentry, or similar education. Extensive and relevant experience, in lieu of a degree may be considered.
- A valid GA Driver’s License is required to operate a golf cart/utility vehicle.
- All employees that drive a Morehouse vehicle must consent to a MVR verification that is acceptable per Morehouse College’s auto liability insurance carrier’s guidelines to perform this function
Title: Part-time Receptionist
Reference No: 100214-REC
Closing Date: Until filled
Receptionist is the first point of contact for visitors, and is expected to deliver friendly, efficient customer service and to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere for all guests.
- Answer incoming calls & take down or forward message
- Greet incoming visitors & callers
- Answering visitors’ inquiries
- Have them to sign in
- Direct visitors to appropriate contacts
- Sort incoming mail & distribute
- Assist in keeping the receptionist area clean & tidy at all times
- Assist with other office task
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Experience working in an office environment as a secretary or receptionist.
*Energetic *Good interpersonal skills *punctual *organized and thorough.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS High School diploma; At least two years’ experience working in an office environment as a secretary or receptionist.
Morehouse College is an equal opportunity employer. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against in any condition of employment because of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Title: Licensed Practical Nurse
Reference No: 071714 - LPN
Department: Student Health Services
Closing Date: Until filled
Classification: Non Exempt
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is responsible for providing nursing care to the Students in a primary health care setting.
- Responsibilities include evaluating and treating student health complaints by following nursing protocols.
- Giving medication as prescribed by a physician and registered nurse
- Taking vital signs, such as blood pressure, temperature, and weight
- Basic wound care including cleaning and bandaging injured areas
- Giving injections of medication
- Taking medical histories
- Entering information into computer systems
- Ensuring patients understand release instructions
- Supervising CNAs (Certified Nursing Assistants)
- Monitoring fluid and food intake and output
- Moving patients safely
- Scheduling appointments
- Keeping medical records current
- Working with insurance companies
- Writing prescriptions at a physician's request
- Obtains specimens and orders labs as directed.
- Educates students regarding promotion of health and prevention of illness including sexually transmitted diseases, nutrition and other health related behaviors.
- Maintains familiarity with applicable health and safety regulations and ensures compliance.
- Assists with community based activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of nursing skills and techniques.
- Knowledge of current developments in health related areas.
- Knowledge of health sciences and nursing procedures as practiced in college health and in clinic settings.
- Knowledge of university policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively with College personnel at various levels, students, parents, representatives of the community and medical community.
- Ability to keep records and reports.
- Ability to work with other members of the team regarding patient care.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient records.
- Must embrace and support Morehouse’s Mission, Vision and Values statement.
Education and Experience: Must possess a current Georgia State Practical Nurse license and be in good standing with the Board of Nursing; three or more years in a primary health care delivery setting (or related experience) preferred: and must be proficient in treatment protocols.