Please apply via one of these methods:
Via e-Mail: please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
||When applying via email the subject line of your e-mail must only include the position title and reference number of the position you are applying for. Please use the example to the left as guide.
Via Mail: The Office of Human Resources,
Gloster Hall, 830 Westview Drive, SW,
Atlanta, Georgia 30314
Via Fax: (404) 614-6047
Please ensure that the position title and corresponding reference number are included on your cover letter, resume and/or employment application.
Morehouse College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees based on age, race, color, religion, or national origin.
Faculty Openings »
Title: Budget and Capital Markets Analyst
Department: Budget, Planning and Financial Analysis
Closing Date: August 29, 2014
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for financial analysis, financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting and general accounting processes. The position is also responsible for providing management planning support to the CFO, Controller, department directors and fiscal managers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Budget Operations: Perform day-to-day operations of the operating and capital budget. Review, approve, monitor, record and report on budget variances and complete budget reallocations.
Creates periodic status reports of account balances
- Requisitions: Approve institutional spending requests up to $10K utilizing analysis and research when needed. Provide report generation, training, and discussion of analysis with fiscal managers.
- Reporting and Systems: Prepare ad hoc, monthly, quarterly, Board, capital and financial metrics reports.
Prepare detailed budget charts, tables, and spreadsheets, as needed, in support of a variety of budgetary analyses and special projects. Responsibilities include the identification of relevant and usable data sources, selecting appropriate methods of data collection and data analysis, and reporting of conclusions, implications, and recommendations.
Creates and organizes data into required reporting formats, and maintains files using database and spreadsheet programs.
- Investments/Endowment: Assist with investment portfolio and endowment reviews, and obtain related information such as year-end valuations. Coordinate donor inflows/outflows regarding bank accounts, endowment investments, and endowment draws.
Provides support to the Budget, Planning and Financial Analysis Director and Manager as needed.
- Debt and Compliance: Perform analysis of the Colleges’ debt and related compliance requirements. Perform compliance reporting. Collect information and assist with Rating Agency reporting.
The person that occupies this position should be detailed oriented and have a solid business acumen with an ability to interact and communicate with all levels of management. They should be flexible and have a proven track record of driving standardization of financial processes and continuous process and performance improvement. They should be able to effectively manage and prioritize deadlines. Must exercise good judgment, discretion and confidentiality at all times. Advanced excel skills desired. Experience with Banner, Argos and DOMO also a plus. 3-5 years of complex financial modeling a plus.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other quantitative field (Master’s degree preferred).
Title: Associate Vice President for Public Safety & Chief of Police
Job Requisition No: 127-14
Position Application Period: August 8, 2014 until filled
Position Specification (pdf)