Please apply via one of these methods:
Via e-Mail: please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
||When applying via email the subject line of your e-mail must only include the position title and reference number of the position you are applying for. Please use the example to the left as guide.
Via Mail: The Office of Human Resources,
Gloster Hall, 830 Westview Drive, SW,
Atlanta, Georgia 30314
Via Fax: (404) 614-6047
Please ensure that the position title and corresponding reference number are included on your cover letter, resume and/or employment application.
Morehouse College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees based on age, race, color, religion, or national origin.
Faculty Openings »
Title: Part-time Receptionist
Reference No: 100214-REC
Closing Date: Until filled
Receptionist is the first point of contact for visitors, and is expected to deliver friendly, efficient customer service and to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere for all guests.
- Answer incoming calls & take down or forward message
- Greet incoming visitors & callers
- Answering visitors’ inquiries
- Have them to sign in
- Direct visitors to appropriate contacts
- Sort incoming mail & distribute
- Assist in keeping the receptionist area clean & tidy at all times
- Assist with other office task
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Experience working in an office environment as a secretary or receptionist.
*Energetic *Good interpersonal skills *punctual *organized and thorough.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS High School diploma; At least two years’ experience working in an office environment as a secretary or receptionist.
Morehouse College is an equal opportunity employer. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against in any condition of employment because of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Title: Licensed Practical Nurse
Reference No: 071714 - LPN
Department: Student Health Services
Closing Date: Until filled
Classification: Non Exempt
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is responsible for providing nursing care to the Students in a primary health care setting.
- Responsibilities include evaluating and treating student health complaints by following nursing protocols.
- Giving medication as prescribed by a physician and registered nurse
- Taking vital signs, such as blood pressure, temperature, and weight
- Basic wound care including cleaning and bandaging injured areas
- Giving injections of medication
- Taking medical histories
- Entering information into computer systems
- Ensuring patients understand release instructions
- Supervising CNAs (Certified Nursing Assistants)
- Monitoring fluid and food intake and output
- Moving patients safely
- Scheduling appointments
- Keeping medical records current
- Working with insurance companies
- Writing prescriptions at a physician's request
- Obtains specimens and orders labs as directed.
- Educates students regarding promotion of health and prevention of illness including sexually transmitted diseases, nutrition and other health related behaviors.
- Maintains familiarity with applicable health and safety regulations and ensures compliance.
- Assists with community based activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of nursing skills and techniques.
- Knowledge of current developments in health related areas.
- Knowledge of health sciences and nursing procedures as practiced in college health and in clinic settings.
- Knowledge of university policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively with College personnel at various levels, students, parents, representatives of the community and medical community.
- Ability to keep records and reports.
- Ability to work with other members of the team regarding patient care.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient records.
- Must embrace and support Morehouse’s Mission, Vision and Values statement.
Education and Experience: Must possess a current Georgia State Practical Nurse license and be in good standing with the Board of Nursing; three or more years in a primary health care delivery setting (or related experience) preferred: and must be proficient in treatment protocols.