Duties of the General Accounting Office
The Accounting Office is responsible for generating monthly reports, reconciliations, and profit and loss analysis. The mission of the General Accounting Department is to accurately report the financial position of Morehouse College to all stakeholders – including Board of Trustees, government agencies, rating agencies, auditors, creditors, grantors, donors, and others who have a vested interest in the financial activity and health of the College. Specific functions include:
- Ensure accounting records are accurate and up-to-date
- Coordinate development of financial policies and procedures
- Provide guidance to departments on financial policy issues
- Safeguard assets
- Develop and maintain robust costing systems and reporting tools
- Administer Banner, General Ledger, Grants Management, and other accounting modules.
- Administer payroll contractor.
- Oversee payroll, withholding, and benefits.
General Accounting Staff
General fax for Payroll: (404) 653-7739