Internal Auditing is an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve an organization’s operations. It helps an organization accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
The objectives of internal auditing include:
- Assisting management and the Board in discharging their responsibilities concerning:
- Risk management and the system of internal control;
- Efficiency and effectiveness of business processes; and
- Compliance with internal policies and procedures.
- Focus internal audit efforts on an organization’s most significant business risks.
- Evaluate the adequacy and application of key internal controls present to mitigate those risks and exposures.
- Evaluate the adequacy and efficiency of business processes.
- Evaluate compliance with policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Assist in the development of action plans that improve performance and drive meaningful change.
— Information —
830 Westview Drive, SW
Atlanta, GA 30314
9:00am - 5:00pm