Greater Orlando Upward Bound Math and Science Program
Funded in full by the United States Department of Education, the Greater Orlando Upward Bound Math and Science Program (GOUBMS) is designed to strengthen the math and science skills of participating students. The goal of the program is to help students recognize and develop their potential to excel in math and science and to encourage them to pursue postsecondary degrees in math and science, and ultimately careers in the math and science profession.
The program provides summer programs with intensive math and science training; year-round counseling and advisement; exposure to university faculty members; and participant-conducted scientific research under the guidance of faculty members or graduate students.
To apply for the program please click HERE.
Returning students, please click here to complete the following FORM.
Once you have completed your application, you can upload your documents HERE.
Highly motivated, disciplined and hard working students, who:
- Are U.S. citizens or permanent legal residents of the United States
- Are rising 10th, 11th or 12th grade students attending Maynard Evans High School or Jones High School
- Are potential first generation college students with demonstrated financial need
- Are in good academic standing
- Intend to pursue a four-year college degree
College preparation · Academic advising & tutoring · Summer Stipend
Career counseling & college visits · Financial literacy
Cultural & enrichment activities