Department of Sociology
The full-time faculty does advising. We strongly encourage you to choose an advisor you like and to work with that person on an ongoing basis so that at least one faculty member will know you and your program of study. You are free to change advisors at any time; what's important is that you find an advisor with whom you feel you can work. Your advisor should help you choose courses that relate to your career goals, as soon as your goals are clear.
To become a sociology major or minor, you should follow the process outlined below.
1. Obtain a Declaration of Major/Minor packet
2. Fill out the forms and take them to Mr. Calvin Kwaafo (Wheeler Hall 221), who will assign you an advisor.
3. Take the signed Declaration Form to the Registrar
Advising can be done any time, but is especially important during two official advising periods which occur prior to the pre—registration period each semester. If you want to see your advisor at other times, either visit during office hours or request an appointment via telephone, e-mail, or a note in your advisor's mailbox. Specific information about the advising system will be mailed to majors and minors each semester, prior to the advising period.
- Division of Humanities and Social Sciences Brochure
- Morehouse Pan-African Global Experience
- South Eastern Undergraduate Sociology Symposium--S.E.U.S.S.