Department of History
At Morehouse College
- The African-American Studies Program
- The Department of Political Science
- The Department of Modern Foreign Languages
- The Latin American Studies Program
Atlanta University Center
- The Robert W. Woodruff Library is the best place to start for all inquiries.
Scholarly organizations and publications
- The American Historical Association (AHA) is the main scholarly organization for historians in the United States. The AHA was founded in 1884 and chartered by Congress in 1889 to serve the interests of the entire discipline of history.
- The American Historical Review (AHR) is the official publication of The American Historical Association (AHA).
- The Organization of American Historians (OAH) is the principal scholarly organization for historians of the United States.
- H-Net provides access to a vast range of online services for historians (and others), including links to e-mail discussion groups in many different fields of history.
- The Chronicle of Higher Education is the trade journal of the academic world.
- The Association for the Study of the Worldwide African Diaspora (ASWAD) is dedicated to bringing scholars in different disciplines together to study the African Diaspora.
- The Association for the Study of African-American Life and History (ASALH) is dedicated to study of all aspects of African-American life.
- The Library of Congress website provides access to the nation's largest library catalogue as well as to a considerable collection of digital resources.
- Dissertation Abstracts allows you to search a database of dissertations stretching back over several decades by topic, title, or author.
- The National Union Catalogue of Manuscript Collections allows you to search a very large collection of manuscript depositories in the United States for guides to collections, references to individuals, and other resources.
- The History Channel Web Network offers a portal to a wide range of historical websites, some of interest to scholars.
Although the authors of this web site have made every reasonable effort to be factually accurate, no responsibility is assumed for editorial or clerical errors or error occasioned by honest mistake. All information contained on this web site is subject to change by the appropriate officials of Morehouse College without prior notice. Material on this web site does not serve as a contract between Morehouse College and any other party. This site is maintained by Prof. William Kelly and was last updated on 26 January 2018.