Welcome to the Frederick Douglass Academic Resource Center (DARC)
The Frederick Douglass Academic Resource Center, better known as DARC, is a college-wide resource that seeks to provide an enriching student learning experience by:
- offering innovate solutions to challenges faced by students and faculty
- providing a caring and concerned, professional, centralized, and efficient environment where faculty, staff, and students can facilitate and enhance learning
- collaborating with Department Chairs, faculty and student development professionals to meet the College’s academic success, retention, and graduation goals and objectives
- delivering individual and small group assistance for academic disciplines and courses
- offering individual consultations to assess strengths and limitations and develop personalized action plans and goals.
- Only persons with a current Atlanta University Center identification card will be admitted.
- Reserve space at least one week in advance. The Center staff reserves the right to cancel reservations with notice to accommodate the needs of the College. Click here to request use of the facility.
- Students must check with the Information Service Desk to determine if an empty space has been reserved prior to occupying space.
- Students must show AUC identification card upon request.
- Students must sign up at the Information Service Desk for access to the Computer Lab.
- Students who require study hall monitoring are responsible for ensuring they have been scanned in and out or use the sign in and out form at the Information Service desk when the scanning device is not available.
Any policy exceptions, in the case of special events and other extraordinary circumstances, must be approved by a member of the Center Staff below: