Department of African American Studies
The William Tucker Society:
The African-American Studies Majors and Minors Club is the student organization of the African-American Studies Program.
Ankh Maat Wedjau
This is the honor society for theNational Council of Black Studies, of which Morehouse College is a member.
The John Henrik Clarke Honor Society:
The African-American Studies Program is open to all students and faculty at Morehouse College who meet the qualifications. Th society is approved by the National Council of Black Studies.
- Must have successfully completed twelve hours of course work in the African, African-American or Diasporan experiences with no grade below "B."
- Must have an overall grade-point-average (GPA) of 3.0 or better, and a GPA of 3.0 or better in the courses on the black experience.
- Must submit an application to the Director of African-American Studies Program.
- Must indicate a willingness to continue to study, promote and disseminate knowledge about the black experience, while at Morehouse and after graduation.
- Must be willing to abide by the Constitution and by-laws of the honor society.
The program is an institutional member of the National Council of Black Studies; the Southern Conference on African-American Studies, Inc.; the Association for the Study of African-American Life and History; the Association of Social and Behavioral Scientists; and the State Committee on the Life and History of Black Georgians.